https://mchodessa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Blog-81.jpg 270 710 Jmoultroup https://mchodessa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Logo.jpg Jmoultroup2018-02-01 10:36:152018-06-05 08:23:07Winter Weather Safety
by Amanda Everett, MCHS Emergency Management Coordinator
Vehicle Preparedness and Safety:
- Plan your travel and check the latest forecasts.
- If you encounter snow, sleet or freezing rain, drive extremely cautiously. Even four-wheel drive vehicles will have difficulty on icy roads.
Dressing for the Weather:
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight clothing in several layers.
- Outer garments should be tightly-woven and water-repellant.
- Wear a hat. Nearly half of your body heat loss is from the top of your head.
- Wear gloves or mittens. Mittens snug at the wrist are better than gloves.
Preparing Your Home:
- Bring your pets inside.
- Have a flashlight and extra batteries available. Do not use candles if the electricity goes out.
- Use a battery-powered NOAA Weather Radio and a portable radio to receive emergency information.
- Be sure to wrap any exposed pipes.