Thank you for your interest in Medical Center Hospital and our community. Our Medical Executive Committee developed the following general standards for applicants, which are effective as of October 1996. These general standards were adopted to assist Medical Center Hospital in achieving an appropriately high standard of patient care. Please be aware that these are minimum standards. Our credentials committee, upon receipt of a completed application, will conduct a further review of your credentials prior to making a recommendation to our governing board.
In order to receive an application for Medical Staff Appointment, the applicant must:
1. Have successful completion of a residency program certified by the ACGME or AOA;
2. Be licensed to practice in the State of Texas or submitted application for a license to practice in the State of Texas;
3. Have established or plan to establish a practice close enough to the hospital to provide timely and appropriate care to patients;
4. Have and maintain a Federal DEA and a State DPS registration as applicable;
5. Be board certified in the specialty or subspecialty for which the applicant is currently requesting privileges. (refer to Article 4.1-2 of the Medical Staff Bylaws); and
6. Maintain professional liability insurance in the amount specified by the governing board. (minimum amount of $100,000/$300,000).
In order to receive an application for Allied Health Professionals (AHP), the applicant must:
1. Provide a written request for the AHP’s services, from the respective supervising physician (the supervising physician must have current privileges at Medical Center Hospital);
2. Be licensed to practice in the State of Texas;
3. Have a Federal DEA and a State DPS number as applicable, and
4. Maintain professional liability insurance ($100,000/$300,000).